Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Love for a child ....








"There's a picture on my kitchen wallLooks like Jesus and His friends involvedThere's a party getting started in the yardAnd there's a couple getting steamy in the car, parked in the driveWas I too young to see this with my eyes?
And by the pool that night, apparentlyThe chemicals weren't mixed properlyYou hit your head and then forgot your nameThen you woke up at the bottom by the drainAnd now your altitude and memory's a shame
What about taking this empty cup and filling it upWith a little bit more of innocence, I haven't had enoughIt's probably because when you're youngIt's okay to be easily ignoredI'd like to believe it was all about love for a child +
When the house was left in shamblesWho was there to handle all the broken bits of glassWas it mom who put my dad out on his ass or the other way around?Well, I'm far too old to care about that now
What about taking this empty cup and filling it upWith a little bit more of innocence, I haven't had enoughIt's probably because when you're youngIt's okay to be easily ignoredI'd like to believe it was all about love for a child
It's kinda nice to work the floor since the divorceI've been enjoying both my Christmases and my birthday cakesAnd taking drugs and making love at far too young an ageAnd they never checked to see my gradesWhat a fool I'd be to start complaining now
What about taking this empty cup and filling it upWith a little bit more of innocence, I haven't had enoughIt's probably because when you're youngIt's okay to be easily ignoredI'd love to believe it was all about love for a childIt was all about love"



No comments: